2007 Musical/Romance Rated PG-13 133 Minutes
|In Theaters||September 14, 2007|
|On 4K UHD||January 9, 2018|
|On Blu-ray||February 5, 2008|
|On DVD||February 5, 2008|
A love story set against the backdrop of the 1960s amid the turbulent years of anti-war protest, mind exploration and rock 'n roll, the film moves from the dockyards of Liverpool to the creative psychedelia of Greenwich Village, from the riot-torn streets of Detroit to the killing fields of Vietnam. The star-crossed lovers, Jude (Jim Sturgess) and Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood), along with a small group of friends and musicians, are swept up into the emerging anti-war and counterculture movements, with �Dr. Robert� (Bono) and �Mr. Kite� (Eddie Izzard) as their guides. Tumultuous forces outside their control ultimately tear the young lovers apart, forcing Jude and Lucy � against all odds � to find their own way back to each other.
Rated PG-13 for some drug content, nudity, sexuality, violence and language.
Box office gross: $24.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Finding love at the movies and vice versa
- Techradar's '50 Blu-ray movies for every hi-def fan' list misses quite a few
- Oscar's big winner is 'No Country for Old Men'
- Two movies lead the way with the most nominations at this year's Oscars
- Golden Globe winners announced at press conference-like setting
- 15 Deserving movies that will be overlooked at this year's Oscars