2007 Science Fiction/Action/Suspense Rated R 110 Minutes
|In Theaters||July 20, 2007|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||January 8, 2008|
|On DVD||Not Available|
The story begins in the year 2057, as our Sun begins to die and mankind faces the unthinkable: extinction. Earth's last hope lies with the Icarus II, a spacecraft manned with eight men and women led by Captain Kaneda. Their mission -- to deliver a nuclear device designed to reignite the Sun. Deep into their voyage, far out of radio contact with Earth, the lonely, restless crew hears a distress beacon from the Icarus I, the ship which disappeared without a trace on the same mission seven years earlier.
Rated R for violent content and language.
Box office gross: $3.4 million. View box office history.
Released by Searchlight Pictures. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'High Life' showcases a blossoming Robert Pattinson
- Trailer offers first look at Michael Fassbender in 'Steve Jobs'
- Best movies of 2015 that you don't know about yet: Tim's list
- FirstShowing.net's Best 19 Movies You Didn't See in 2007
- The 'Sun' will come out in July and other release date changes
- Video: The new trailer for Danny Boyle's 'Sunshine'