2013 Adventure/Fantasy Rated PG-13 161 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 13, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||April 8, 2014|
|On DVD||Not Available|
The second in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug continues the adventure of the title character Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) as he journeys with the Wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellan) and thirteen Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) on an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.
Rated PG-13 for extended sequences of intense fantasy action violence, and frightening images.
Box office gross: $258.3 million. View box office history.
Released by New Line. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Box Office Predictions: 'Jurassic World' poised to rule June
- Monday Mixer: The Sony hack is good for 'Team America'
- '12 Years' wins Oscar for Best Picture, 'Gravity' grabs most
- 'Gravity' and 'Hustle' in old-fashioned Oscars tussle
- Monday Morning Mixer: Brr... it's 'Frozen' out there
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'Hobbit 2' ends year on top